Let’s face it: Acne problems suck. It's one of the worst (and most common) skin problems there is. With that acne breaking out every time before an important upcoming event, you might just give up! But you won't have to worry about that for very longer as matcha green tea leaves can help reduce your acne problems.
Before We Get into That Though We Need Understand Why It Works...
Simply put, when the sebaceous glands produce more sebum than required, it accumulates at skin pores, along with dirt and make-up and a pimple is born.
So how does matcha help?
Green tea has been shown to reduce the production sebum by up to 70%, and it possesses anti-bacterial properties which help to remove the acne causing bacteria.
Here is a picture from the same study showing the reduction in sebum production in male patients over 8 weeks:
It contains catechins and EGCG which promotes cell growth and prevents damage. It also prevents scarring, acne-induced stress levels by triggering production of cortisol. If you manage to drink up to 5 cups of green tea each day, you can reduce the risk of diabetes by 33%. But anyway, let us focus on how can we use matcha to improve our skin condition and reduce acne breakouts.
Here Are 7 Ways You Can Use Matcha to Fight Acne:
- Drink matcha: Have 5-6 cups of tea every day to keep hormones and sebum production levels in check.
- Physical application & spraying: Either use a thin cloth or cotton balls to apply freshly brewed green tea to your face and neck or other acne prone areas. Leave it on for a while and then pat your skin dry.
- Facemasks: Apply a mixture of matcha powder with honey and yogurt. This works externally and is very effective.
- With lemon: Use green tea with lemon. It kills bacteria and has astringent properties for toning and firming.
- With Apple cider & vinegar: Apple cider and vinegar are brilliant detox agents. Mix them with green tea to get full benefits of antioxidants and antibiotics.
- With garlic: Garlic not only repels vampires, but also acne causing bacteria. Mix 3 garlic cloves in a cup of brewed green tea and apply over your face and neck.
- Green tea and egg white mask: This mixture will help you combat acne and also reduce wrinkles because of anti-aging properties of egg whites.
via Blogger How to Fight Acne Problems with Matcha Green Tea?